Sunday, October 19, 2008

Max Payne (Pavilion)

What a bored Sunday afternoon, my dad's car broke down & he used my car :( So I just go online and surprisingly Justin was at KL o.O so do Chong. After discussion in MSN we decided going off for a movie.

Not much movie to choose from, the movie is not that good as what I expected. It is base on a PC games long time ago (same time during Matrix movie) where the game was a hit during tat time due to the nice/reality 3D graphic and special slow motion effect. It's still one of my favorite game until now, although I've not touch it for quite some time, maybe I'll install & play it when I'm free later :)

I cant really recall the storyline of Max Payne in game but after watching it do refresh some of my memory. The story of a detective wife and baby got killed but the murder was unknown for years. The detective continue to search for the murder for years but with no luck at all, until now......

I think the director change the storyline, I cant really recall any on the angels stuff, the soldier, the female gangster? nor the drug, I only recall I've to kill a lots in the game :p Back to the movie, the slow effect was not that much in the movie (in game I use the slow effect almost 80% of the time), only twice if not mistaken & the angel look more like devil to me beside the effect near the ending was terrible.

It just the same title as the game & the storyline, dint really bring out the concept of the game. The only stuff that look 100% as the game was the shooting style, a bit dark (more like black & white movie + old movie film style) with lots of flash going. The mystery solving part was not that great too, plus ppl just die so easily but not Max? Better make Max dodge all bullets with special power (like Matrix or Wanted) rather than like nothing happen after got shoot.

Overall Rating : C-

No comments: